(Or yikes I need to get stuff typed up and posted)
In Which I Add Some Diphthongs
Diphthongs, or as wikipedia tells us also called gliding vowels, were something I left for later on day three. Here are the put off decisions on dipthongs:
- A full dipthong should be pronounced with the length of a long vowel.
- A list of diphthongs (The "̯ " symbol says that the second vowel is not syllabic):
- au /aʊ̯/ as in loud or lout
- ai /aɪ̯/ as in high
- ou /oʊ/ as in goat or code
- ei /eɪ̯/ as in face or vein
- ? /ʌɪ̯/ as in light
- That ? is that I'm now trying to decide how to represent the ʌ, preferably with something that can be easily typed.