This a Flashfic based on a prompt from aldersprig
's 30 Days of Flash Fiction: Round 2 MemeMy 30 Days of Flashfic: Round 2 Index Page
Day 6 – Prompt: write the pitch for a new Final Fantasy styled RPG
Our was a world of reason, a world of science, a world seeking peace. With their magics our world fell in but a single turn of the seasons. For a generation the invaders of the world of Silvernight ground this world underfoot. They have divided the world amongst themselves. They believe they have won. Now we strike back.
In Magical Girl Apocalypse the player must free the world of Arth from the invaders of Silvernight. Once a peaceful land Silvernight fell to the Dark Magical Girls, who turned on their heroic sisters and joined the forces of evil. With their home world shattered in the war of conquest the Dark Magical Girls needed a source of fresh magics and just as importantly a place to send their most ambitious children lest they turn on their parents.
The people of Arth, ignorant of magic, were unprepared. But now a generation later warriors have trained to overthrow the invaders. Take on the role of Clarissa, daughter of the last general to fall, who is now tasked with leading the fight for freedom; Kensington, the gruff veteran of the War of The Fall; and the young Ramona, daughter of an invader who has rebelled and taken her magics to the side of her father's people.
Seek out for your party: Knights, who have relearned the ancient ways of fighting; Gunslingers, masters of the rifle and pistol who face an edict of death if captured; Techmen, those who can understand the science of the past and use it to build new wonders; and Dabblers, who seek to learn and use the invader's own magics against them.
Combining elements of real time strategy in the battle for world liberation and the best of traditional turn based game play in individual fights, Magical Girl Apocalypse will have something for all players.
Can you free Arth from the Dark Magical Girl's grasp? Can you bring hope to the people? Or will the world of Arth be forever in the grip of darkness.
* * * * *
The days so far:1) the story starts with the words "It's going down." (LJ link)2) write a scene that takes place in a train station (LJ link)3) the story must involve a goblet and a set of three [somethings] (LJ link)4) prompt: one for the road (LJ link)5) write a story using an imaginary color (LJ link)6) write the pitch for a new Final Fantasy styled RPG (LJ link)7) prompt: frigid (LJ link)8) write a scene in the middle of a novel called "The Long, Dirty Afterwards." (LJ link)9) prompt: mourning dead gods (LJ link)10) write a story set in three different time periods (LJ link)11) Write a movie trailer style trailer for a story, existing or not-yet-written (LJ link)12) prompt: sweet iced tea (LJ link)
13) re-write a story that everyone knows14) write a vanilla story dealing with kinky subject matter (LJ link)15) prompt: ascension (LJ link)16) write a scene that takes place at the end of a long road trip (LJ link)17) write an uncomfortable story (LJ link)
18) prompt: a step too far
19) write a story in which something goes BOOM
20) Write the end of the story "The Purple Bag."
21) Roll a d20 twice (Random.Org). Combine the themes of the two previous stories for those numbers
22) prompt: knight in shining armor
23) write a scene that takes place in a place that is war-torn
24) prompt: founding fathers
25) write a story set in a library
26) prompt: elemental
27) write a story using only one period. Bonus: write the story using only one /ending punctuation at all.
28) write a story set in a laundromat
29) (from Lilifluff) Randomly pick a number between 1 and 28 (Random.Org) . Re-write that prompt as a Spaghetti Western or Melodrama
30) the story ends with the words "coming up."